Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Why I want 2015 to be less serious and more fun filled.

Friday 9 January 2015


Hi, I'm Em, and I've become a bore.

Phew.

There, I've said it.

In my old age.. (twenties) I seem to have forgotten how to have fun, and that, quite frankly makes me sad. There are a few factors that have caused me to forget how to have fun and some of those have occurred over the past few years. Alongside those however,  are a few more serious things that have happened in my life to change me completely as a person - but now isn't the time for stories.

I have a process driven creative job, which means that although I get to think up and make fun films for a living - it also means that I always have a team of people relying on me, and I am always wary of deadlines, schedules, budgets, and responsibilities. I've even turned into one of those horrendous people that, gulp, worries about health and safety. I'm not even joking when I say that I actually told my partner he had to gaffer tape a temporary piece of carpet down in a half finished conservatory over Christmas because of health and safety.

I feel like I spend so much of my time being serious that sometimes I have to stop and really think about when the last time I laughed, like *really* laughed was - and often I can't remember. Which truly makes me sad.

With that in mind, I want to make 2015 the year in which I really focus on not only moving forward with my goals, ambitions and personal growth. But the year in which I truly find my confidence.

I grew so much in 2014. This time last year, I hadn't even started  this blog and that feels just so surreal to me. I can't remember what I used to fill my time with before it!

2015 is  the year in which I - a self confessed 'I'd rather stay at home and look at cat pictures on the internet' person, want to get out more, meet new people and and learn to have fun. With that in mind, I've worked out a way to do just that and take you along with me. I'm starting a brand new lifestyle series all about getting out, and having fun - meeting new people and of featuring one of my true loves in life - food.

Every month from here on in, I'll be writing a 'Dinner With.....' Post. Where i'll be heading out to dinner with a friend, new or old - and getting to know them a little better. I'll have a set of questions I'm hoping to put to each dinner guest and of course I'll be taking pictures to share with you. If I'm lucky, who knows - I may even be able to persuade a few blogging super stars to have dinner with me! If you don't ask, you don't get... right?

Em xxx

28 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely, inspiring post. It's good to see that you're going to push yourself out of your comfort zones and try to build your confidence this year. I wish you all the luck in the world. Also, the dinner series sounds great! I'll look forward to reading those. xxx

    Kirsty - Effortlessly Excessive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post, it is so easy to get bogged down by all the stress and organisation aspects of life. I hope that you have a fun filled 2015 and can't wait to read your 'Dinner with...' posts.

    http://www.emmainks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's crazy that you've only had a blog for a year and already have so many followers. Do you have any tips for newly beginner bloggers?

    Kate
    -http://www.katekoutures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my tips would be, just believe in your own voice and don't give up!
      Em xxx

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a fun 2015! 'Dinner with...' is such a good idea for a series, I'm looking forward to reading it :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great idea! The "Dinner With" I cant wait to read it and i can totally relate to getting so caught up with your job you forget to make time for yourself and some fun! Good news is our twenties are meant to find out who we are thru fun and hard times, we still have a long road ahead :) best of luck with everything!
    doniellh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I would much rather stay at home, especially when it's cold, all snug in my pjs! We definitely shouldn't be like that in our twenties. Make 2015 a good one, Em.

    Rachael xo
    Girl Behind The Blue Door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachae! Hope you have a great year too!
      Em xxx

      Delete
  7. Great post, I totally agree with you, must have fun and enjoy myself this year! X

    owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. So inspiring! Your makeup looks lovely too! :)
    Charlotte - http://charlottesophiaroberts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous and inspiring post, I love the idea of your dinner post and will be looking forward to reading that :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea Em & I have no doubt you will achieve your goals & more! Your 'Dinner with...' post is a great idea & I'm looking forward to getting to know your friends better, as well as you! Xx

    Tania | whentaniatalks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania!
      Should have the first Dinner post up this week!
      Em xxx

      Delete
  11. I'm also a huge bore, haha. I love this post, and I can't wait for the new posts coming our way.

    Beka. xo
    https://www.bloglovin.com/bekalouise

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's super important to have fun in life but don't forget that we are all different! On most nights, I prefer staying at home, cuddling with my cat and watching Grey's Anatomy then going out to a bar with my friends. That might make me a boring person but I wouldn't be happy forcing myself to go out till late at night!

    Have fun but listen to yourself! Can't wait to read your "Dinner with ..." posts!

    MD | http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Totally get what you mean about staying in. I'd much rather do similar.
      Em xxx

      Delete
  13. Situs Bet 13 Kartu. Memasang Taruhan betting adalah satu memasang taruhan yg mana para pemainnya hendak mempertaruhkan barang-barang yang sangat berbobot baik semacam https://pokerplayingcards.org betting atau yang lainnya. Lazimnya para kerap memainkan beberapa ragam berjudi taruhan itu taruhan kartu, uang bola, betting dan masih bervariasi tengah beraneka paket memasang taruhan taruhan lainnya

    ReplyDelete